Year of birth: 2002
Home town: Haukipudas
Home institution and teacher: Oulu Conservatory, Eeva Havulehto
Began studying at the Youth Piano Academy Finland in 2015
1. At what age did you start playing the piano?
I began playing when I was eight years old.
2. What made you choose piano as your instrument? Does someone else in your family play an instrument?
We have a piano at home, which gave me a good opportunity to start playing. My sisters and my mother have also taken piano lessons.
3. What does playing piano mean to you?
It’s one of the best things in my life.
4. What is the most important piece of music for you?
Ravel’s Gaspard de la nuit and Chopin’s fourth Ballade are my favourite pieces currently.
5. Your three most important performances:
Leevi Madetoja Piano Contest 2015, Youth Piano Academy Audition 2015, and playing as a soloist of the Oulu Festivo Symphony Orchestra 2017.
6. What does the Youth Piano Academy mean to you? How does it feel to be part of the Youth Piano Academy?
It is amazing to be a part of something like this. It is enjoyable, the lessons are fantastic, I am able to practice for performances and have many other valuable experiences.
7. How has the Youth Piano Academy changed your way of playing?
I have started to practice more and critique my own playing.
8. Tell about your most memorable master class at the Youth Piano Academy.
Lessons with Hyung-Ki Joo in Mänttä (2016 and 2017) have been the most memorable. Maybe the most important thing that I have learned from him is that when I perform, I should take risks and enjoy my playing.
9. What is your best memory about the Youth Piano Academy?
Period in Mänttä 2017.
10. What is your biggest music-related dream?
I want to improve both as a pianist and as a composer.